Head of Innovation
Who we are:
We take products to social and influence the ‘now generation.’ Engage Hub is a social-first agency servicing a wide scope of clients, from established names such as The Brits, Mars, Just Water and Almond Breeze, to start-up brands with a lot of ambition. Combining data with social media, influencer marketing, paid media, and creative, we build and execute campaigns that drive our client’s customers to checkout. Our team feels most at home when working with brands that embrace the unconventional and want to move quickly, with impact.
Engage Hub are looking for an experienced, collaborative innovation lead with a strong background in project management to help innovate and execute digital & operational projects across areas of Operations, Social Media, Influencer Marketing and Creative services. This role is a hybrid of Innovation and Project Management and will lead our agency into new and exciting advances of social media.
You will be an integral part of our cross-functional team, working closely alongside the founder, directors, department leaders and creatives to help define and build innovative solutions for our agency and clients.
- Lead the Innovation & Insights function for Engage Hub.
- Using your technical know-how to assist in the streamlining of internal operations to help to build a scalable catalogue of agency processes.
- Build a clear 2-year road map demonstrating agency innovation and growth.
- Present regularly to Founder and wider management New Product Innovation (NPI) ideas and concepts.
- Using our intelligence and data software’s to create regular thought leadership pieces around new and innovate digital and social initiatives.
- Build strong commercially sound business cases including forecast volumes, pricing analysis, product P&Ls etc.
- Responsible for the planning and restructure of the agency’s departments, structures and process flows to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Check and report monthly on the effectiveness of structures and processes to senior management team.
- Gain in-depth understanding of the agency’s client processes and problems, and prioritise between them.
- Working with managers and agency directors to execute robust road map to reduce client problems and reoccurring issues.
- Gather and help the client to think through problems and opportunities with social platforms, in order to surface future projects into Engage Hubs pipeline.
- Maintain a consistent and robust understanding of the brands and businesses within our target audience’s mindshare, and keep tabs on the cultural and product trends that are changing behaviours.
- Present to department managers, concepts and ideas of new and innovate ways of approaching client campaigns using emerging platforms and services.
- Lead the ideation, technical development and launch of innovative products, and product features. These could include web apps and platforms, AR, AI, social commerce functionalities, bots and other tools.
- Work hands-on with designers and developers to implement and build new features that will innovate the agency and clients alike.
- Act as a mentor to all agency leaders in innovation and development across the agency.
- Manage & develop the Data Marketing Executive
- Be first point of contact for guidance and advice on client campaigns, ideations and problems.
- Manage multiple concurrent projects and/or projects with multiple work streams that require cross-functional management engagements.
- Work in a close proximity to the founder to build strong business proposals.
- Work closely with and guide the financial and sales team to validate the product strategy, ensuring opportunities meet financial objectives
- Confidently communicate with management throughout projects, updating on project progress, issues and key risks.
- Support and coordinate strategic initiatives across the organisation.
Who we’re looking for:
- Collaborator: proven ability to work across multiple functions & stakeholders.
- Systems Builder: ability to navigate and improve process frameworks, streamlining projects and improving ways of working between multiple locations and teams.
- Analytical & Commercial: margin focussed looking at P&L, able to build business cases and forecasts.
- Strategic Thinker: thinks laterally, monitors trends and competitive activity
- Insights led: has spent time on consumer-facing / insights projects. Knows when and how to engage the consumer. Can take output from insights work and convert it into actionable client proposals.
- Project Manager: collaborative, organized and gets things done.
- Passionate about campaign strategy, social media, influencer marketing, social commerce & insights.